Any personal data provided by you to TLT through any means (verbal, written, in electronic form, or by your use of our website) will be held and processed for which you have given consent, to provide the services you have requested from us, and to meet the legitimate interests of the organization.
This policy only applies to data collected by TLT staff and volunteers, and via our own forms and website. Third-party agents, and websites that are linked to ours, are not covered by this policy. If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of the information, please write to us at email@example.com
When you request counseling/consultation with the TLT, become an employee or volunteer with the TLT, or otherwise provide your personal details to us, you will be asked to consent to our processing of your data under the terms of this policy.
What information do we collect?
- Consultation Services – Registering with us to request access to our counseling and other consultation services can be done online, telephonically, or in person. Our request process involves providing us with your name, address, telephone numbers, and email address. We may also request information on your availability, therapeutic issues, and other details which we deem relevant to processing your request.
- Learning Programs – Registering or enrolling in our online or offline learning programs or workshops can be done through our website or our social medial channels. Typically participants would need to share their personal information such as full name, postal address, email address, contact number, residing city/country, ethnicity, language preference, etc.
- Appointments – At an initial appointment we ask about your current personal, social, medical, and financial circumstances. We may also ask about your background and family history, as well as the issues which are affecting you now. We require this information so that we can decide about our offer of counseling to you, to assign you to a counselor, and to manage the service we provide to you.
- Volunteer Placements – Counselors, consultants, resource persons, and other volunteers may apply for placements by email. They may also be interviewed. We may ask about your background, qualifications, experience, and professional memberships. We also ask for your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, and address and telephone details for referees and people we may need to contact for you in emergencies.
- Employment – To apply for job opportunities advertised on our website and elsewhere, and to become an employee of the organization, you will be required to provide your contact details and other personal information contained in your CV (such as employment history and qualifications), as well as contact details of referees. This information is only processed for the purpose of considering your job application, making any offer of employment, and administering your contract of employment.
- Website – We use Google Analytics to collect anonymous data relating to user behavior and ‘web traffic’ statistics. The collection and use of this data by Google Inc. are subject to their own Privacy Policies.
- Other Forms –The information you give us on our forms (including all inquiry and application forms, google forms, etc.), be it for research, registration, enrolling, booking an appointment, providing feedback, etc., may include your name, postal address, email address, phone number, and other messages to us.
What do we use your information for?
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To provide clients with the professional counseling service requested from us.
- To enable us to offer appropriate opportunities and support to our counselors, consultants, resource people, and other volunteers.
- To offer suitable counseling appointments, and to allocate clients and counselors for counseling.
- To notify you about changes to your appointments and other changes to our services.
- To seek feedback from you on your experience of counseling with us.
- To improve our service to ensure that it is provided in the most effective manner for you and for us.
- To administer our service, including the arrangement of appointments, for financial control, data analysis, research, statistical, and survey purposes.
- To keep in touch with those who consent to this, for the purposes of organizational, service, and professional development.
- To fulfill our administrative, legal, and contractual obligations as an employer.
What information do we share?
We will not share any information about you with other organizations or people, except in the following situations:
- Consent– TLT may share your information with professional carers or others whom you have requested or agreed we should contact.
- Remote Appointments – We may temporarily share your contact details with TLT counselors who conduct appointments remotely so that they can contact you concerning those appointments.
- Serious harm– TLT may share your information with the relevant authorities if we have reason to believe that this may prevent serious harm from being caused to you or another person.
- Compliance with law– TLT may share your information where we are required to by law or by the regulations and other rules to which we are subject.
- As part of the backups of encrypted data processed and held by professional IT security companies.
How do we keep your information safe?
All information you provide to us is stored as securely as possible. All paper forms and correspondence are kept in locked filing cabinets on our premises. All electronic records are stored securely on a cloud server using the latest firewalls and data security protocols, and all access is by password-protected authentication, or by our IT service provider using secure cloud technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information using industry-standard protocols and encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us via email, including forms completed on our website which are transmitted by email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- Google Analytics – Like hundreds of thousands of websites you visit, we use Google Analytics to collect generic, anonymous data from all visitors to monitor how our website is used. This data is shared with Google in return for the service they provide.
If you are aware of or find any other cookies on this website, please let us know immediately as they have not been installed by us!
Changes to this policy
We may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our website.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Updated January 2021